8 reasons to have your wedding on Orvieto
1) Easy to reach
. Orvieto is a town that is very easy to reach by rail from the Central railway station in Rome as it has its own train station thus avoiding the necessity of hiring a car and all the problems of parking once in the historical town. However, for those who prefer to hire a car, Orvieto is very easy to reach by car as they can take A1 toll road, not far from Fiumicino airport and exit at Orvieto's tollgate, the town is 7km from the exit. This also makes it easier for the couple to decide if they would like to organize transfers for the guests attending the wedding if there are some groups which will be arriving at the same time.
2) Accommodation for bride and groom The beautiful honeymoon suite in one of the best hotels in Orvieto is absolutely perfect for a newly-wed couple. Its high arched frescoed ceilings are beautifully centered when lying on the wrought iron four poster bed. This suite is perfect because its large airy lounge area offers a perfect space for the Bride's & Bridesmaid's preparation the morning of the wedding.
3) Choice of location for your wedding ceremony Orvieto has many beautiful venues to choose for your ceremony whether it be Religious, Civil or Symbolic, the fascinating churches, commune town hall, theatre, Italian cured gardens or historical underground caves make a perfect setting for any type of ceremony.
4) Guest's accommodation Within the historical town there are plenty hotels, Bed & Breakfasts or apartments which give you the opportunity to offer various types of accommodation and costs to your guests.
5) Day before and day after You have many choices when you stay in a town like Orvieto. You can organize that your entire wedding party meet the evening before in a Pizzeria or a Pub for a little get-together before the wedding day. The same idea can be suggested the day after your wedding as a farewell get-together. Or you could meet with your close friends for a couple of drinks and not necessarily have all the wedding party at the same bar as yourselves before and after your wedding.
6) Romantic town Here, you will not be staying in an anonymous town, but in a middle-age town with plenty of beauty and very characteristic. It is one of the most beautiful and popular towns in Italy also due to being centrally located between both Rome and Florence, which are an extra advantage to guests staying here as they can hop on a train and go for a day's visit to one of the big cities.
7) Good food and wine In Orvieto there is an ample choice of restaurants that adhere to the typical local regional recipes of homemade cooking and of course accompanied by a great local Italian wine.
8) Guests facilities The town offers the possibility to have their own private vacation as they will not all be using the same bar or restaurant as yourselves, which would not be the case if you stayed in a countryside resort or Castle. You can also organize also activities as guided tour, or a wine tasting. In the town there are also tennis courts, sports facilities, etc...