FAQFrequently Asked Questions   - Castle Rental Faq -   Wedding Faq
CASTLE RENTAL FAQ
- Can we rent the venue in exclusivity? Once the rental cost has been paid, you have the exclusivity of the entire venue.
- What is included in the rental cost of the venue? Included in the venue rental cost is the exclusivity of the venue for your personal use, the electricity, water and use of the kitchen and bathrooms, taxes.
- Are the tables, chairs, tablecloths, plates, cutlery and glassware included in the venue rental? No they are not included in the venue rental. This item are included in the caterer price.
- Is dancing and music allowed at the venue and if so, until what time? Yes, the music can be played until 2 a.m. in the dance-hall which is located in the basement floor. If you would like to have the music played on the top floor, this can be done until midnight, however if the weather permits, music can be played on the outside terrace area (at a lower volume after midnight) until early hours of the morning.
- How many people can the venue hold? The venue can hold up to 200 people in different rooms. If you would like everyone of your party to stay in one space, you can occupy only the top level of the venue which holds up to 120/130 people, this same case applies to the use of the outdoor terrace (weather permitting). The Venue also has a basement area which can be used as a dance hall.
- Is there someone at the venue that can be of assistance to our needs during the hours of our rental? Yes there is a reliable person there for the entire period to assist you with your different requests.
- In case of rain or bad weather does the Domus have a nice covered area in which to hold the wedding reception? On the same property of the Domus there is a beautiful restaurant hall, which overlooks the beautiful green Umbrian valley from up high with long arched windows. This area is a perfect alternative in case of bad weather or rain on the day of your wedding.
- Do you have a Catering Service available at the Venue? The Caterers we use provide the full kitchen service, with Cooks, waiters, ovens, refrigerators all utensils, cutlery, crockery, table cloths, seat covers and everything you need to make your breakfast/lunch/dinner/cocktail sit-down or buffet a special and memorable event. Once you have had your menu tasting and have decided what you would like served... You don't have to think about anything else.
- Is there accommodation available at the venue? The venue does not have accommodation, but it is located in the historical town of Orvieto which has many forms of accommodation to suit all types of budgets, all of these are within walking distance from the venue.
- Does the venue have a bar? Yes, at the entrance of the venue there is a big Bar area?
- Do you have some-one who takes care of all the weddding planning and documentation required by the Italian law for foreign couples who want to get married in Orvieto? Our on site wedding planner (as optional use) will assist you on every aspect of the wedding [ have a look at the services ] and will be in communication with you on what documents you need to get ready in your country and will take care of all the necessary documentation required in Italy to legalize your wedding both here in Italy and back in your Country of origin.
- Do you hold only one wedding a day in the venue? Yes, the whole day is in exclusivity to only one wedding party.
- How do we get to the venue after our wedding ceremony? Whether you are having a Civil or a Religious wedding ceremony, La Domus is within easy walking distance from the Commune Town Hall (300mt.), Theatre (500mt.)or Church (300mt).
- Can we hold a symbolic wedding ceremony at the venue? If you have decided on a symbolic wedding ceremony, La Domus can offer you a beautiful paved terrace which overlooks a green valley with a view of the nearby hills surrounding you, which would be the perfect setting for your ceremony. In case of bad weather or rain, the historical middle-aged venue can be enjoyed indoors on the top floor offering you the magnificent architectural arched windows as your setting to your ceremony.